DUE TO COVID WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ON ANY NEW VOLUNTEER ROLES IN THE MUSEUM. HOWEVER, WE DO HAVE AN AT-HOME RESEARCH VOLUNTEER POSTION AVAILABLE DURING THIS TIME.
There are a number of opportunities for members of the public to use their ideas, creativity and expertise to help make the museum a vibrant educational attraction in the community.
Possible positions include (but are not limited to):
Guides visitors through exhibits, interpreting the content and history, and answering questions.
*Minimum time commitment to a 3-hour shift
RESEARCH AND COLLECTIONS ASSISTANT
Assist the archivist by sorting archival material and accessioning items, locating information and materials for upcoming exhibits or members of the public. Provide care for new and stored artifacts including cleaning, labeling, repairing, and researching.
Assist in developing and implementing programming materials and activities corresponding to exhibits and age groups.
Design and distribute promotional materials on social media platforms, assist publicity committee in distributing posters.
- Extremely flexible hours of work
- Enhanced written and oral communication skills
- Increased historic knowledge of Brandon & area
- Contribution to how local history and social issues are presented to the public
- Opportunity to work with and present history and social issues that are important to you
- Opportunity to make connections with individuals in the corporate, cultural, and local community
- Interest in history
- Willingness to learn
- Background check