As of February 12th, the Brandon General Museum & Archives will be offering
museum tours by appointment only.
Our History Hall will be open to the public with some displays still under
construction. The B. J. Hales Gallery and Natural History Collection still has extensive
work still being done and will not be accessible to visitors at this time. We appreciate
your patience in advance and would love to discuss the future plans for these spaces
We request that all bookings include only those from the same household and we
will be logging dates, names, and contact numbers for tracing. Masks will be
required, no exceptions. This is to ensure that our staff and visitors can physically
distance, are limiting exposure, and abiding health guidelines.
Due to limiting factors and construction, we are not charging a set admission at this
time and instead we are asking for cash donations of any reasonable amount in our
donation box at the front desk.
Appointments for tours will be available during these hours:
Tuesdays through Fridays from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Please call the museum office at 204-717-1514 or email us at email@example.com
to book your tour.
If leaving a voicemail please provide your name, contact number, and date and time
you would like to book you tour and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
What we are doing to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
– Keeping a visitor log for tracing purposes with your name and contact information.
– Enforcing proper physical distancing with visitors during your guided tour.
– The front door to the building is remaining locked and only those that have
made appointments will be let in to help control the number of individuals
entering the building and museum.
– Our staff is wearing face coverings for their safety and yours.
– After every tour we will be sanitizing any touched surfaces to provide a clean
environment for the next tour.
What you can do to help make your visit safe and memorable:
– If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, have recently been in
contact with an individual with COVID-19, travelled outside of the province in the
past two weeks, or feeling a bit under the weather, we respectfully ask that you visit
another time and stay home.
– All visitors will be required to properly wear a recommended disposable or layered
cloth mask and to use the hand sanitizer station available when entering the
museum. Read more about non-medical masks and face coverings from Canada Gov HERE.
– Please refrain from leaning on and touching displays—many of these items are very
old and difficult to sanitize!
– Please be aware and respectful of staff and please follow any temporary markers
and signs put in place. Remember they are for your safety, ours, and future visitors.
We look forward to seeing you again!