As of July 7th, the Brandon General Museum & Archives will be offering tours by appointment. As of now, only our History Hall is open to the public as there is extensive work still being done in the B. J. Hales Gallery.
We request that there are no more than 6 people to a booking. This is to ensure that our staff and visitors are allowed the recommended physical distancing while touring through the exhibits. Families larger than 6 people may be an exception.
We are not charging a set admission cost at this time and instead asking for cash donations of any reasonable amount in our donation box at the front desk.
Appointments will be available during these hours:
Tuesdays through Fridays from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Saturdays from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Please call the museum office at 204-717-1514 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book yours!
What you can do to help make your visit safe and memorable:
– If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in contact with an individual with COVID-19, or feeling a bit under the weather, we respectfully ask that you visit another time and stay home.
– All visitors will be required to use the hand sanitizer station available in the museum when entering the museum.
– Please refrain from leaning on or touching interactive exhibits and surfaces at this time.
– Be aware and respectful of staff, new signage, and please follow any temporary markers put in place.
What we are doing to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
– Enforcing proper physical distancing with visitors during your guided tour.
– The front door to the building will remain locked and groups that have made appointments will be let in to control the number of individuals entering the building and museum.
– Our staff is wearing face coverings for their safety and yours. Masks are also recommended for visitors, but it is to your discretion at this time.
– After every tour we will be sanitizing any touched surfaces to provide a clean environment for the next group.